The IAP’s 75th anniversary
The Institut d’Astrophysique de Paris (IAP) was first created under the Front Populaire in October 1939, as part of the CNRS. The institute celebrated its 75th anniversary on October 11th 2013.
- This was the opportunity:
- - To set up an exhibit open to the public, looking back at IAP’s history;
- - To make a film entitled “75 years of IAP”, directed by Jean Mouette and produced by CNRS Images;
- - To hold an exceptional seminar entitled “Lessons from the Past for the Future of Cosmology”, hosted by Professor J. Peebles from the University of Princeton;
- - To give presentations on the history of IAP and the research led in the Institute.
This even t was also associated to the Fête de la Science (“Science Festival 2013”). The lab opened its doors to the public on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of October.